Monday, October 6, 2008

"I'll Trust You Lord"

There is a song out named “I’ll Trust You Lord” by Donnie McClurkin and in the lyrics it says:

What if it hurts? (I'll trust You, Lord)What if you cry? (I'll trust You, Lord)What if it doesn't work out the first time that you try? (I'll trust You, Lord).

I have thought about this song over and over again in my mind because I have recently come to a place in my life when I am truly hurting and in a lot of pain, I have come to a place in my life that I feel that if I don’t cry I will burst and I have tried to step out on faith to only come to this hurt and pain. I have realized at this point is when I am in the refiners fire, fire never feels good, there is always pain, hurt and crying when you are being molded and shaped into something new.

I know that I am being made new and it is making me question what God is doing, this is making me ask why I have to go through this, didn’t you promise me a change, a better life new friends new love God? We talked about this, over and over, at least I did. You told me that you would give me the desires of my heart. I asked for people that could teach me something new, I asked for people that surround me love like I love, with their whole heart, I asked for friends to be there when I need them and I asked for a person that I would be able to call my best friend as well as my husband (if it be in your will).

I am trying to do this thing right this time, why is it that I do not see the results? I hear God saying to me, “Daughter, the reason why you cannot see the results is because the results are not familiar to you” You are used to your life going through the same routines, day in and day out, you are used to being the teacher instead of learning to be still enough to be taught and you now have friends from everywhere in all walks of life that you can call on and they will be willing and able to be there. And as far as the husband that I have here waiting for you, you must first learn what being a friend is about.

Wow God, thank you for laying this out for me, this brings me to another part of the song:

Will you let go? (I'll trust you, Lord)Will you stand on My word? (I'll trust you, Lord) Against all odds will you believe what I have said? (I'll trust You, Lord)
Will I let go? In order to trust God to do the things that I requested I have to let go of my past, my past thinking, my past way of life everything that was familiar to me will not be the same.

Will I stand on his word? If he said it then that settles it. God is still God and when he moves it is within his time and in his way, we don’t recognize it because of the unfamiliar patterns of our everyday life or our because of our past.

Against All Odds will you believe what I’ve said? Sometimes we cannot see our head above the water, we still feel like we are drowning and it seems as if what God said will not come to pass because we are too busy wondering how he’s going to do it or how he’s going to fix it because the odds are against our situation. But yet….

I have to trust him, I have to believe what he said his word will not come back void, it cannot because the word says in Numbers 23:19 “God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?. With that being said, “I’ll Trust You Lord”.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have gone through this recently and had to drag myself up from the mud. I thought it was me but it was God. He does everything a reason and when that reason is revealed I love him even more.